Academy Courses are FREE TO JOIN
World Virtual Tours is proud to present “the FREE Academy Project”
the first place in the world to follow Academic Level insights on History, Art, Archaeology. Totally free!
Lesson 2: The Saga of the Volsungs
The class will be provided in advance a free online copy of the Saga of the Volsungs with specific focus on a passage. We will explore the mythical heroes of the Vikings, and what these stories tell us about Viking society and politics
Through this course we will get inside the Norse mentality of the Viking Age by exploring 3 of their most famous written sources. By learning about these documents we will investigate social and spiritual issues, politics and gender studies.
Tutor: Dr. Lillian Cespedes Gonzalez
PhD in history from the University of Winchester, UK
Dr. Lillian Cespedes Gonzalez is a historian with a PhD in history from the University of Winchester (UK). She specialises in medievalism, the Vikings, gender studies, popular culture, and cultural identity. She is an educator and has worked at the University of Winchester, teaching the Golden Age of Spain as well as working on different research projects. Her academic work has also taken her to the world of publishing and editorial work. She used to be the director for Revista Medieval and the image editor at the Royal Studies Journal and has contributed to other publications as an ad hoc copyeditor.
- Language: English
- 4 Lesson of 45 mins duration + final questions/talking Live streamed
- Final survey for check your training level
- Participants that will attend all the lessons will receive a final certificate of participation
- Closed Captioning Available
- Contents suitable for children
- LESSON 1: Viking mentality through Havamal
- LESSON 2: The Saga of the Volsungs
- LESSON 3: Saga of the Greenlanders
- LESSON 4: The Viking World
Browse the Free Academy Catalog
We believe knowledge must be FREE, available to everyone. Just get your Free pass and ENJOY!
All our Free Academy Courses and Lessons are made possible only thanks to your support as part of our Community.
WVT offers to everyone the chance to learn by Professionals.
Our guides on WVT are supported entirely by your tips, so it’s important to tip what you can and tip often!
The majority of your tip supports the Tutor, the rest lets our group continue to carry out our initiative.
- Click on Book Now button, get your ticket on Eventbrite.
- ADD to your calendar is suggested.
- You will receive a Link to attend the Event Stream (attention to spam folder!).
- PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Stable internet connection
- You will receive a Link to attend the Event Stream
PLEASE NOTE: since is a Free Event with high demand, if you don’t connect on first 10 mins from tour start, we reserve the rights to assign your reserved seat to someone else.
Read Carefully Our TOS here:
Why donate to your Tutor
The Free Academy Project is solely funded by your donations.
All our Free Academy Courses and Lessons are possible only thanks to your support as part of our Community.