Academy Courses are FREE TO JOIN
World Virtual Tours is proud to present “the FREE Academy Project”
the first place in the world to follow Academic Level insights on History, Art, Archaeology. Totally free!
Lesson 4: The legacy of Mesoamerican mathematics, geometry, and astronomy
The daily social use of mathematical and astronomical concepts, including the calendar, agriculture, and architecture
The impact of these fields of knowledge on Mesoamerican society and compare it with other cultures around the world
The relevance of these sources of knowledge in contemporary times, as they continue to inspire and inform new generations of scholars and researchers
In Decoding Mesoamerican Mathematics, Astronomy, and Geometry, we will explore the mathematical and astronomical knowledge of the ancient Mesoamerican civilizations. From the Mayan Long Count calendar to the Aztec Sun Stone, we will delve into the complex systems of measurement and timekeeping that were used by these cultures.
This course provides an in-depth exploration of Mesoamerican mathematics. Participants will learn about the Mesoamerican numeral system, calendar system, and architecture, as well as their influence on modern mathematics and science. By the end of the course, participants will have gained a comprehensive understanding of the legacy of Mesoamerican mathematics and its significance in modern society.
Tutor: Alfredo Olivares
Tourism Journalist, Tourism Promoter and Travel Coordinator in Mexico City, MX.
Passionate, scholar and expert connoisseur of Mexican culture and the legacy that the ancient Mesoamerican civilizations have left to the modern world.
- Language: English
- 4 Lesson of 45 mins duration + final questions/talking Live streamed
- Final survey for check your training level
- Participants that will attend all the lessons will receive a final certificate of participation
- Closed Captioning Available
- Contents suitable for children
- LESSON 1: Introduction to Mesoamerican Mathematics
- LESSON 2: Astronomy and Cosmology in Mesoamerica
- LESSON 3: Geometry and Architecture in Mesoamerica
- LESSON 4: The legacy of Mesoamerican mathematics, geometry, and astronomy
Browse the Free Academy Catalog
We believe knowledge must be FREE, available to everyone. Just get your Free pass and ENJOY!
All our Free Academy Courses and Lessons are made possible only thanks to your support as part of our Community.
WVT offers to everyone the chance to learn by Professionals.
Our guides on WVT are supported entirely by your tips, so it’s important to tip what you can and tip often!
The majority of your tip supports the Tutor, the rest lets our group continue to carry out our initiative.
- Click on Book Now button, get your ticket on Eventbrite.
- ADD to your calendar is suggested.
- You will receive a Link to attend the Event Stream (attention to spam folder!).
- PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Stable internet connection
- You will receive a Link to attend the Event Stream
PLEASE NOTE: since is a Free Event with high demand, if you don’t connect on first 10 mins from tour start, we reserve the rights to assign your reserved seat to someone else.
Read Carefully Our TOS here:
Why donate to your Tutor
The Free Academy Project is solely funded by your donations.
All our Free Academy Courses and Lessons are possible only thanks to your support as part of our Community.